General info about Israel
- Israel was founded in 14.05.1948, following the recognition of the U.N a year before and the end of the British Mandate.
- The local currency in the Shekel, often written as NIS- New israeli shekel. In many touristic places other currencies are accepted as well.
- The population of Israel as of 2017 is 8.5 millions.
- The Biggest cities in Israel are: Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa e Beer Sheva.
- The economy of Israel is technologically advanced by global standards. As of 2015, Israel ranks in the top 20 nations in the world on the UN's Human Development Index, which places it in the category of "Very Highly Developed", allowing the country to enjoy a high standard of living comparable to many Western countries such as Austria, France and Finland. The prosperity of Israel's advanced economy allows the country to have a sophisticated welfare state, a powerful modern military said to possess a lethal nuclear-weapon's capacity, modern infrastructure rivaling many Western countries, and a high-technology sector competitively on par with Silicon Valley.